Wednesday, July 22, 2009

CEF Control Peptides

Definition
The CEF control peptides are 8-12 amino acids in length, with sequences derived from the human Cytomegalovirus, Epstein-Barr Virus and Influenza Virus1 These peptides are used in the stimulation of IFNg release from CD8+ T cells in individuals with defined HLA types1. They are useful as positive control peptides in several cytokine assays such as Elispot.

Discovery
CEF peptides were first selected in 2002 based on their ability to recognize CD8+ T cells1.

Classification
They are derived from epitopes of viruses and hence have antigenic properties1.

Structural Characteristics
CEF peptides are 8-11 amino acids long with sequences: GILGFVFTL (Influenza A, HLA-A2), FMYSDFHFI (Influenza A, HLA-A2), CLGGLLTMV (EBV, HLA-A2), GLCTLVAML (EBV, HLA-A2), NLVPMVATV (HCMV, HLA-A2).

Mode of action
CEF peptides are effective epitopes for CD8+ T cells2. They bind to these cells and trigger the production of IFNg.

Functions
CEF control peptides are used as positive control in Elispot assay that is used to investigate specific immune responses in various diseases including infections, cancer, allergies and autoimmune diseases2. In this case the CEF peptides ensure that the cells under study are active and viable2. Elispot is also useful in the development of vaccines especially for HIV where CEF peptides are used also as controls2.

References
1.Currier JR, Kuta EG, Turk E, Earhart LB, Loomis-Price L, Janetzki S, Ferrari G, Birx DL, Cox JH (2002). A panel of MHC class I restricted viral peptides for use as a quality control for vaccine trial ELISPOT assays, J Immunol Methods, 260, 157-172.
2.Gazagne A, Claret E, Wijdenes J, Yssel H, Bousquet F, Levy E, Vielh P, Scotte F, Goupil T, Fridman WH, Tartour E (2003). A Fluorospot assay to detect single T lymphocytes simultaneously producing multiple cytokines, J Immunol Methods, 283(1-2), 91-98.

1 comment:

allen said...

[ ] I'm here to testify about the great work Dr Osebor did for me. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the past 5 years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my doctor, few weeks ago I came across a testimony of one lady on the internet testifying about a Man called Dr Osebor on how he cured her from HIV Virus. And she also gave the email address of this man and advise anybody to contact Dr Osebor for help for any kind of sickness that he would be of help, so I emailed him on ( oseborwinbacktemple@gmail.com ) telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! Well i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as Dr Osebor assured me that i will be cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if i have be finally healed behold it was TRUE, So 
- [ ] friends my advise is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can contact Dr Osebor via email. { oseborwinbacktemple@gmail.com }or call or what sapp him on( +2348073245515 )
- [ ] DR osebor CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-
- [ ]  HIV/AIDS
- [ ]  HERPES
- [ ] CANCER
- [ ] ALS
- [ ] cancer 
- [ ] Diabetes
eye problem etc.