The pro-inflammatory cytokine IL-1 induces cellular response through two subunits of its receptor, IL-1 receptor I (IL-1RI) and IL-1 receptor accessory protein (IL-1RAcP). IL-1 receptor-associated kinase (IRAK) mediates activation of NF-kappaB , which is a pivotal transcription factor mediating inflammatory and immune response. A novel member in the IRAK/Pelle family was recently identified and designated IRAK2 (2). Both IRAK and IRAK2 recruit to the subunits of the IL-1R complex after IL-1 binding and lead to NF-kappaB activation. IRAKs also associate with Toll-like receptor (TLR) and the dominant negative mutants of IRAKs inhibit LPS-induced NF-kappaB activation (3,4). Members in IRAK/Pelle family play a central role in IL-1R and TLR mediated inflammatory responses to cytokine IL-1 and LPS. IRAK2 is expressed in a variety of human tissues.
Additional Names: IRAK-2 (CT), IRAK-2
Left: Western blot analysis of IRAK2 in K562 whole cell lysate with IRAK2 antibody at 1:500 dilution.
Below: Immunofluorescence of IRAK2 in HeLa cells with IRAK antibody at 10 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source:IRAK2 antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human IRAK2.
Purification: Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone: This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host: IRAK-2 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Immunogen: Human IRAK2 (C-Terminus) Peptide (Cat. No. 2213P)
Application: IRAK-2 antibody can be used for detection of IRAK2 by Western blot at 1:500 to 1:1000 dilution. A 65 kDa band can be detected. Anti-IRAK2 has no cross response to IRAK.
Tested Application(s): E, WB, IF
Buffer: Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide:Cat. No. 2213P - IRAK-2 Peptide
Long-Term Storage: IRAK-2 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
1.Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
2. Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
Species Reactivity: H
GI Number: 37725373
Accession Number: AAO24761
Short Description: (CT) IL-1R Associated Kinase
1. Cao Z; Henzel WJ; Gao X. IRAK: a kinase associated with the interleukin-1 receptor. Science 1996;271:1128-31.
2. Muzio M, Ni J, Feng P, Dixit VM. IRAK (Pelle) family member IRAK-2 and MyD88 as proximal mediators of IL-1 signaling. Science 1997;278:1612-5
3. Zhang FX, Kirschning CJ, Mancinelli R, Xu XP, Jin Y, Faure E, Mantovani A, Rothe M, Muzio M, Arditi M. Bacterial lipopolysaccharide activates nuclear factor-kappaB through interleukin-1 signaling mediators in cultured human dermal endothelial cells and mononuclear phagocytes. J Biol Chem 1999;274:7611-4
4. Yang RB, Mark MR, Gurney AL , Godowski PJ. Signaling events induced by lipopolysaccharide-activated toll-like receptor 2. J Immunol 1999;163:639-43 (RD0300)