Interleukin-1 (IL-1) and lipopolysaccharide (LPS) induces cellular responses through IL-1 receptor (IL-1R) and Toll-like receptors (TLR). IL-1R-associated kinases (IRAK, IRAK2, and IRAK-M) regulate the activation of NF-kappaB and MAP kinase (MAPK) by IL-1R/TLR (1-3). A novel member in the IRAK/Pelle family was recently identified and designated IRAK-4 (4,5). Overexpression of IRAK-4 activates NF-kB and MAPK pathways. IRAK-4 interacts with and phosphorylates IRAK-1. IRAK-4-deficient animals are completely resistant to the challenge with LPS. Animals and humans lacking IRAK-4 are impaired in their responses to viral and bacterial challenges (5,6). Members in IRAK/Pelle family play a central role in IL-1R/TLR mediated inflammatory responses and in innate immunity.
Additional Names: IRAK-4
Left: Western blot analysis of IRAK-4 in HeLa cell lysate with IRAK-4 antibody at 1 (lane 1), 2 (lane 2), and 4 (lane 3) µg/ml, respectively.
Below: Immunocytochemistry of IRAK-4 in K562 cells with IRAK-4 antibody at 10 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
IRAK-4 antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids at the carboxy terminus of human IRAK-4.
Purification: Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone: This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host: IRAK-4 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Immunogen: Human IRAK4 Peptide (Cat. No. 3125P)
Application: IRAK-4 antibody can be used for the detection of IRAK-4 by Western blot at 1 to 2 µg/ml.A 50 kDa band can be detected. Anti-IRAK-4 has no cross response to other IRAKs.
Tested Application(s): E, WB, ICC
Buffer: Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide:Cat. No. 3125P - IRAK-4 Peptide
Long-Term Storage: IRAK-4 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
1. Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
Species Reactivity: H
GI Number: 20219010
Accession Number: AAM15772
Short Description: A member in IRAK/Pelle family
1. Cao Z; Henzel WJ; Gao X. IRAK: a kinase associated with the interleukin-1 receptor. Science 1996;271:1128-31.
2. Muzio M, Ni J, Feng P, Dixit VM. IRAK (Pelle) family member IRAK-2 and MyD88 as proximal mediators of IL-1 signaling. Science 1997;278:1612-5
3. Wesche H, Gao X, Li X, Kirschning CJ, Stark GR, Cao Z. IRAK-M is a novel member of the Pelle/interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase (IRAK) family. J Biol Chem. 1999;274(27):19403-10.
4. Li S, Strelow A, Fontana EJ, Wesche H. IRAK-4: a novel member of the IRAK family with the properties of an IRAK-kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA . 2002;99(8):5567-72.