The pro-inflammatory cytokine IL-1 induces cellular response through two subunits of its receptor, IL-1 receptor I (IL-1RI) and IL-1 receptor accessory protein (IL-1RAcP). IL-1 receptor-associated kinase (IRAK) mediates activation of NF-kappaB, which is a pivotal transcription factor mediating inflammatory and immune response. A novel member in the IRAK/Pelle family has been identified and designated IRAK2 (1). Both IRAK and IRAK2 recruit to the subunits of the IL-1R complex after IL-1 binding and lead to NF-kappaB activation. IRAKs also associate with Toll like receptor (TLR) and the dominant negative mutants of IRAKs inhibit LPS-induced NF-?B activation (2,3). Members in IRAK/Pelle family play a central role in IL-1R and TLR mediated inflammatory response. Unlike human IRAK2, murine IRAK2 exists as four alternately spliced isoforms (IRAK2a-d), with two isoforms (IRAK2c and d) acting in an inhibitory fashion (4). IRAK2 is expressed in a variety of tissues.
Additional Names: IRAK2 (C2), mIRAK2
Left: Western blot analysis of IRAK2 in A-20 whole cell lysate with IRAK2 antibody (C2) at (A) 0.5, (B) 1, and (C) 2 µg/ml.
Source:RAK2 antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to 16 amino acids near the carboxy-terminus of mouse IRAK2a which is common to all four isoforms. Anti-IRAK2 is mouse specific.
Purification: Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone: This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host: IRAK2 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Immunogen: Human IRAK2 (C-Terminus 2) Peptide (Cat. No. 3597P)
Application: IRAK2 antibody can be used for detection of mouse IRAK2 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 µg/ml.Anti-IRAK2 has no cross response to IRAK.
Tested Application(s): E, WB
Buffer: Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide:Cat. No. 3597P - IRAK2 Peptide
Long-Term Storage: IRAK2 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
1. Cat. No. 1288 - A-20 Cell Lysate
Species Reactivity: M
GI Number: 37725373
Accession Number: AAO24761
Short Description: (C2) mouse IL-1R associated kinase
1. Muzio M, Ni J, Feng P, et al. IRAK (Pelle) family member IRAK-2 and MyD88 as proximal mediators of IL-1 signaling. Science 1997; 278:1612-5.
2. Zhang FX, Kirschning CJ, Mancinelli R, et al. Bacterial lipopolysaccharide activates nuclear factor-kappaB through interleukin-1 signaling mediators in cultured human dermal endothelial cells and mononuclear phagocytes. J. Biol. Chem. 1999; 274:7611-4.
3. Yang RB, Mark MR, Gurney AL, et al. Signaling events induced by lipopolysaccharide-activated toll-like receptor 2. J. Immunol. 1999; 163:639-43.
4. Hardy MP and O’Neill LAJ. The murine IRAK2 gene encodes four alternately spliced isoforms, two of which are inhibitory. J. Biol. Chem. 2004; 279:27699-708.