IL-21 Receptor Antibody
Catalog# : 2469
A novel cytokine related to IL-2 and IL-15 was recently identified and designated IL-21 . The receptor for IL-21 (IL-21R, also termed NILR for novel Interleukin receptor) is a new member of the class I cytokine receptor family (1,2). IL-21R forms a complex with the common cytokine receptor g chain, gc, and mediates IL-21 signaling (3,4). Both IL-21R and the gc are necessary for the IL-21 function. IL-21 and its receptor activate JAK-STAT signaling pathway. IL-21R is expressed in spleen, thymus, natural killer (NK), T and B cell lines. IL-21 plays a role in the proliferation and maturation of NK, B and T cell populations.
Additional Names : IL-21 Receptor (ED), IL21R
Left: Western blot analysis of IL-21 receptor expression in human Raji cell lysate with IL-21 Receptor antibody at 1 µg /ml.
Below: Immunohistochemistry of IL-21 receptor in rat lung with IL-21 receptor antibody at 10 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source : IL-21 receptor antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 97 to 111 of human IL-21 receptor precursor .
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : IL-21 Receptor antibody was raised in rabbit. Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Immunogen : Human IL-21 Receptor (Extracellular Domain) Peptide (Cat. No. 2469P)
Application : IL-21 receptor antibody can be used for detection of IL-21 receptor by Western blot at 0.5 to 1 µg/ml.An approximately 60 kDa band can be detected.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide : Cat. No. 2469P - IL-21 Receptor Peptide
Long-Term Storage : IL-21 Receptor antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
1. Cat. No. 1207 - Raji Cell Lysate
2. Cat. No. 1462 - Rat Lung Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity :H, M, R
GI Number : 11141869
Accession Number : NP_068570
Short Description : (ED) Interleukin 21 receptor
1. Parrish-Novak J, Dillon SR, Nelson A, et al. Interleukin 21 and its receptor are involved in NK cell expansion and regulation of lymphocyte function. Nature. 2000;408(6808):57-63.
2. Ozaki K, Kikly K, Michalovich D, et al. Cloning of a type I cytokine receptor most related to the IL-2 receptor beta chain. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA . 2000;97(21):11439-44.
3. Asao H, Okuyama C, Kumaki S, et al. the common gamma-chain is an indispensable subunit of the IL-21 receptor complex. J Immunol. 2001;167(1):1-5.
4. Vosshenrich CA, Di Santo JP. Cytokines: IL-21 joins the gamma(c)-dependent network.Curr Biol. 2001;11(5):R175-7.