Catalog# : 3633
Autophagy, the process of bulk degradation of cellular proteins through an autophagosomic-lysosomal pathway is important for normal growth control and may be defective in tumor cells. It is involved in the preservation of cellular nutrients under starvation conditions as well as the normal turnover of cytosolic components (1,2) and is negatively regulated by TOR (Target of rapamycin) (3). PIST, a PDZ-containing protein, was discovered in a yeast two-hybrid system as a binding partner to Beclin-1, a Bcl-2-interacting protein homologous to the yeast autophagy gene apg6 (4-6). Experiments with mutant PIST proteins lacking the PDZ domain showed that PIST interaction with Beclin-1 through its coiled-coil domain can modulate Beclin-1 activity and suggest that PIST interactions with other proteins through its PDZ domain may regulate the activity of PIST and Beclin-1 (6).
Additional Names : PIST (IN), Golgi associated PDZ and coiled-coil motif containing / GOPC
Left: Western blot analysis of PIST in PC-3 cell lysate with PIST antibody at (A) 1, (B) 2 and (C) 4 µg/ml.
Below: Immunohistochemistry of PIST in rat colon tissue with PIST antibody at 1 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source : PIST antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide from near the center of human PIST.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : PIST antibody was raised in rabbit. Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Immunogen : Virus PIST / Golgi associated PDZ and coiled-coil motif containing / GOPC (Intermediate Domain) Pept
Application : PIST antibody can be used for the detection of PIST by Western blot at 1 - 2 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide : Cat. No. 3633P - PIST Peptide
Long-Term Storage : PIST antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
1. Cat. No. 1216 - PC-3 Cell Lysate
2. Cat. No. 1472 - Rat Colon Lysate
Species Reactivity :H, M
GI Number : 9837431
Accession Number : AAG00572
Short Description : (IN) An autophagy related protein
1. Gozuacik D and Kimchi A. Autophagy as a cell death and tumor suppressor mechanism. Oncogene. 2004; 23:2891-906.
2. Kisen GO, Tessitore L, Costelli P, et al. Reduced autophagic activity in primary rat hepatocellular carcinoma and ascites hepatoma cells. Carcinogenesis 1993; 14:2501-5.
3. Kamada Y, Funakoshi T, Shintani T, et al. Tor-mediated induction of autophagy via Apg1 protein kinase complex. J. Cell. Biol. 2000; 150:1507-13.
4. Yu Z, Horton A, Bravin M, et al. A novel protein complex linking the δ2 glutamate receptor and autophagy: implications for neurodegeneration in Lurcher mice. Neuron 2002; 35:921-33.