PUMA Monoclonal Antibody
Catalog# : PM-4529
Apoptosis is related to many diseases and development. The p53 tumor-suppressor protein induces apoptosis through transcriptional activation of several genes. A novel p53 inducible pro-apoptotic gene was identified recently and designated PUMA (for p53 upregulated modulator of apoptosis) and bbc3 (for Bcl-2 binding component 3) in human and mouse. PUMA/bbc3 is one of the pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 family members including Bax and Noxa, which are also transcriptional targets of p53. The PUMA gene encodes two BH3 domain-containing proteins termed PUMA-a and PUMA-b. PUMA proteins bind Bcl-2, localize to the mitochondria, and induce cytochrome c release and apoptosis in response to p53. PUMA may be a direct mediator of p53-induced apoptosis.
Additional Names : PUMA (10D4G7), p53 upregulated modulator of apoptosis, bbc3, Bcl-2 binding component 3
Left: Western blot analysis of PUMA expression in K562 cell lysate with PUMA antibody at (A) 2.5 and (B) 5 µg/ml.
Source : Mouse monoclonal PUMA antibody was raised against a recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 76 – 170 of human PUMA-alpha.
Purification : Immunoaffinity chromotography purified IgG
Clonality and Clone : This is a monoclonal antibody. (Clone 10D4G7)
Host : PUMA monoclonal antibody was raised in mouse. Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Immunogen : Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 76 – 170 of human PUMA-alpha.
Application : PUMA antibody can be used for detection of PUMA by Western blot at 2.5 to 5 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Long-Term Storage : PUMA monoclonal antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year.
1. Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Whole Cell Lysate
2. Cat. No. 95-102 - PUMA Recombinant Protein
Species Reactivity :H, R
Short Description : p53 upregulated modulator of apoptosis
1. Nakano K, Vousden KH. PUMA, a novel proapoptotic gene, is induced by p53. Mol Cell. 2001; 7:683-94.
2. Yu J, Zhang L, Hwang PM, Kinzler KW, Vogelstein B. PUMA induces the rapid apoptosis of colorectal cancer cells. Mol Cell. 2001; 7:673-82.
3. Han J, Flemington C, Houghton AB, Gu Z, Zambetti GP, Lutz RJ, Zhu L, Chittenden T. Expression of bbc3, a pro-apoptotic BH3-only gene, is regulated by diverse cell death and survival signals. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001; 98:11318-23.