Catalog# : 4835
Rkhd1, also known as TINO or MEX3D is a member of a novel family of four homologous human MEX3 proteins each containing two heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein K homology (KH) domains and one carboxy-terminal RING finger module. MEX3 proteins, including Rkhd1, are phosphoproteins that bind RNA through their KH domains and shuttle between the nucleus and the cytoplasm via the CRM1 export pathway. These proteins are a novel family of evolutionarily conserved RNA-binding proteins, differentially recruited to P bodies and potentially involved in post-transcriptional regulatory mechanisms. Rkhd1 binds to the AU-rich element in the 3’-untranslated region of Bcl-2 mRNA and is thought to be a negative regulator of Bcl-2 expression. Rkhd3 and Rkhd4, but not Rkhd1, co-localize with both the hDcp1a decapping factor and Argonaute (Ago) proteins in processing bodies (P bodies), recently characterized as centers of mRNA turnover.
Additional Names : Rkhd1, RING finger and KH domain-containing protein 1, MEX3D, TINO, RING finger protein 193, RNF193
Left: Western blot analysis of Rkhd1 in MDA-MB-361 cell lysate with Rkhd1 antibody at (A) 1 µg/ml and (B) 2 µg/ml.
Below: Immunohistochemistry of Rkhd1 in human small intestine tissue with Rkhd1 antibody at 2.5 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source : Rkhd1 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid peptide from near the center of human Rkhd1.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : Rkhd1 antibody was raised in rabbit. Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : Rkhd1 antibody can be used for detection of Rkhd1 by Western blot at 1 – 2 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide : Cat.No. 4835P - Rkhd1 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : Rkhd1 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
1. Cat. No. 1217 - MDA-MB-361 Cell Lysate
Species Reactivity :H
GI Number : 134047829
Accession Number : Q86XN8
Short Description : RING finger and KH domain-containing protein 1
1. Donnini M, Lapucci A, Papucci L, et al. Identification of TINO: A new evolutionarily conserved Bcl-2 AU-rich element RNA-binding protein. J. Biol. Chem. 2004; 279:20154-66.
2. Draper BW, Mello CC, Bowerman B, et al. MEX-3 is a KH domain protein that regulates blastomere identity in early C. elegans embryos. Cell 1996; 87:205–16.
3. Liu J, Valencia-Sanchez MA, Hannon GJ, et al. MicroRNA-dependent localization of targeted mRNAs to mammalian P-bodies. Nat. Cell Biol 2005; 7:719–23.
4. Buchet-Poyau K, Courchet J, Le Hir H, et al. Identification and characterization of human Mex-3 proteins, a novel family of evolutionarily conserved RNA-binding proteins differentially localized to processing bodies. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007; 35:1289-300.