Catalog# : 1115
Apoptosis, or programmed cell death, occurs during normal cellular differentiation and development of multicellular organisms. Apoptosis is induced by certain cytokines including TNF and Fas ligand of the TNF family through their death domain (DD)-containing receptors, TNFR1 and Fas. The death signals are transduced by a group of DD-containing adapter molecules. A novel cell death adapter was recently identified by two independent groups and designated RAIDD (RIP-associated ICH-1/CED-3-homologous protein with DD) and CRADD (caspase and RIP adapter with DD)1,RAIDD contains a DD and a CARD (for caspase recruitment domain) which interact with RIP and caspase, respectively, to transduce death signals1,3. RAIDD is constitutively expressed in many tissues and mediates apoptosis caused by Fas and TNFR-1.
Additional Names : RAIDD (IN), CRADD
Left: Western blot analysis of RAIDD in whole cell lysates from HeLa (H) or K562 (K) cells with RAIDD antibody at 1:500 dilution.
Below: Immunocytochemistry of RAIDD in HeLa cells with RAIDD antibody at 5 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source : RAIDD antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to amino acids 99 to 117 of human RAIDD .
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : RAIDD antibody was raised in rabbit. Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Immunogen : Human RAIDD (Intermediate Domain) Peptide (Cat. No. 1115P)
Application : RAIDD antibody can be used for detection of RAIDD by Western blot at 1:500 to 1:1000 dilution. A 22 kDa band should be detected.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, ICC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide : Cat. No. 1115P - RAIDD Peptide
Long-Term Storage : RAIDD antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
1. Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
2. Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Whole Cell Lysate
Species Reactivity :H
GI Number : 1785557
Accession Number : AAB42217
Short Description : (IN) Adapter Molecule
1. Duan H, Dixit VM. RAIDD is a new 'death' adaptor molecule. Nature 1997;385:86-89
2. Ahmad M, Srinivasula SM, Wang L, Talanian RV, Litwack G, Fernandes-Alnemri T, Alnemri ES. CRADD, a novel human apoptotic adaptor molecule for caspase-2, and FasL/tumor necrosis factor receptor-interacting protein RIP. Cancer Res 1997 57:615-619
3. Hofmann K, Bucher P, Tschopp J. The CARD domain: a new apoptotic signalling motif. Trends Biochem Sci 1997;22:155-156 (RD1299)