Antigen binding by the T-cell receptor (TCR) is one of the critical first steps in the immune response, triggering a cascade of signaling pathways that ultimately lead to T-cell activation. Screening a yeast two-hybrid screen of a human T-cell cDNA library with calcineurin, a protein phosphatase involved in multiple signaling pathways including T-cell activation, resulted in the identification of Carabin, a member of the TBC1 domain family of proteins, as a calcineurin-binding protein. Unlike other members of the TBC1 domain protein family which are thought to have a role in regulating cell growth and differentiation, further experiments demonstrated that Carabin is part of a negative regulatory loop for the intracellular TCR signaling pathway as well as an inhibitor of the Ras signaling pathway, suggesting that Carabin may also mediate crosstalk between calcineurin and Ras. Carabin antibody does not recognize TBC1D10A or TBC1D10B. Carabin is known to exist in multiple isoforms.
Additional Names : Carabin (NT), TBC1 domain family member 10C, TBC1D10C
Left: Western blot analysis of Carabin in human spleen tissue lysate with Carabin antibody at (A) 1 and (B) 2 µg/ml.
Below:Immunohistochemistry of Carabin in human spleen tissue with Carabin antibody at 2.5 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source :Carabin antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide from near the amino terminus of human Carabin.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : Carabin antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : Carabin antibody can be used for detection of Carabin by Western blot at 1 – 2 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 4269P - Carabin Peptide
Long-Term Storage : Carabin antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity : H, M
GI Number : 38348348
Accession Number : NP_940919
Short Description : (NT) a negative regulator of the TCR signaling pathway
1. Weil R and Israel A. Deciphering the pathway from the TCR to NF-kappaB. Cell Death Differ. 2006; 13:826-33.
2. Im SH and Rao A. Activation and deactivation of gene expression Ca2+/calcineurin-NFAT-mediated signaling. Mol. Cells 2004; 18:1-9.
3. Pan F, Sun L, Kardian DB, et al. Feedback inhibition of calcineurin and ras by a dual inhibitory protein carabin. Nature 2007; 445:433-6.
4. White RA, Pasztor LM, Richardson PM, et al. The gene encoding TBC1D1 with homology to the tre-2/USP6 oncogene, Bub2, and cdc16 maps to mouse chromosome 5 and human chromosome 4. Cytogenet. Cell Genet. 2000; 89:272-5.