Rhes, also known as tumor endothelial marker 2 (TEM2), is a small GTP-binding protein that is predominantly expressed in the striatal region of the brain. This protein belongs to the RASD subfamily of Ras-related GTP-binding protein superfamily and is thought to play a role in the normal development and function of the brain as mice lacking this gene showed increased anxiety levels and motor coordination deficits. Rhes was identified as TEM2 through analysis of genes whose expression was upregulated in tumor endothelium. Tumor endothelial markers are significantly up-regulated during angiogenesis and neoangiogenesis that are crucial for the growth of solid tumors. TEMs localized on the cell surface and conserved across species are of particular interest for future development of anti-angiogenic therapies. TEM2 antibody may cross-react with the closely related protein RASD1.
Additional Names : TEM2 (NT), Tumor endothelial marker 2, Ras homolog enriched in striatum, Rhes, RASD2
Left: Western blot analysis of TEM2 in rat colon tissue lysate with TEM2 antibody at (A) 1 and (B) 2 µg/ml.
Below: Immunohistochemistry of TEM2 in human colon tissue with TEM2 antibody at 2.5 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source :TEM2 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of the human TEM2.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : TEM2 antibody was raised in rabbit. Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : TEM2 antibody can be used for detection of TEM2 by Western blot at 1 – 2 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 4363P - TEM2 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : TEM2 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1472 - Rat Colon Lysate
Species Reactivity : H, M, R
GI Number : 21362868
Accession Number : Q96D21
Short Description : (NT) Tumor endothelial marker 2
1. Vargiu P, Morte B, Manzano J, et al. Thyroid hormone regulation of rhes, a novel RAS homolog gene expressed in the striatum. Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 2001; 94:1-8.
2. Spano D, Branchi I, Rosica A, et al. Rhes is involved in striatal function. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2004; 24:5788-96.
3. Carson-Walter EB, Watkins DN, Nanda A, et al. Cell surface tumor endothelial markers are conserved in mice and humans. Cancer Res. 2001; 61:6649-55.
4. Yamamoto Y, Irie K, Nanda A, et al. Direct binding of the human homologue of the Drosophila disc large tumor suppressor gene to seven-pass transmembrane proteins, tumor endothelial marker 5 (TEM5), and a novel TEM5-like protein. Oncogene 2004; 23:3889-97.