The chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on Th2 cells (CRTH2) is a recently identified receptor for the prostaglandin D2 (PGD2) in addition to the classic prostaglandin D receptor. CRTH2 is expressed on Th2 cells and eosinophils and mediates chemotaxis of these cells to PGD2 and is thus thought to be a key receptor mediating eosinophil and Th2 recruitment during allergic responses. However, CRTH2-null mice showed enhanced eosinophil recruitment into the lung consistent with observations that the CRTH2-null mice produced significantly higher amounts of interleukin-5 (IL-5) and IL-3. This suggests that CRTH2 plays a nonredundant role in restricting eosinophilia and allergic response in vivo. At least two different isoforms of CRTH2 are known to exist.
Additional Names : CRTH2 (NT), Chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on Th2 cells, GPR44
Left: Western blot analysis of CRTH2 in Jurkat cell lysate with CRTH2 antibody at 1 µg/ml in (A) the absence and (B) presence of blocking peptide.
Below:Immunohistochemistry of CRTH2 in human heart tissue with CRTH2 antibody at 2.5 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source :CRTH2 antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid peptide from near the amino terminus of human CRTH2.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : CRTH2 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : CRTH2 antibody can be used for detection of CRTH2 by Western blot at 0.5 – 1 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 4027P - CRTH2 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : CRTH2 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
1. Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
2. Cat. No. 1301 - Human Heart Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity : H, M, R
GI Number : 153791424
Accession Number : NP_004769
Short Description : (NT) Chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on Th2 cells
1. Nagata K, Hirai K, Tanaka K, et al. CRTH2, an orphan receptor of T-helper-2-cells, is expressed on basophils and eosinophils and responds to mast cell-derived factor(s). FEBS Lett. 1999; 459:195-9.
2. Shichijo M, Sugimoto H, Nagao K, et al. Chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on Th2 cells activation in vivo increases blood leukocyte counts and its blockage abrogates 13,14-dihydro-15-keto-prostaglandin D2-induced eosinophilia in rats. J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. 2003; 307:518-25.
3. Chevalier E, Stock J, Fisher T, et al. Cutting edge: chemoattractant receptor-homologous molecule expressed on Th2 cells plays a restricting role on IL-5 production and eosinophil recruitment. J. Immunol. 2005; 2056-60. (07-01D)