Trex1 (ATRIP) is the major human 3' to 5' exonuclease which is required for checkpoint signaling after DNA damage. It is ubiquitously expressed, binds to single stranded DNA coated with replication protein A that accumulates at sites of DNA damage and recruits the ataxia telangiectasia and Rad3 related protein (ATR), a checkpoint kinase, to sites of DNA damage and replication stress. Trex1 is required for ATR expression. This gene uses two different open reading frames. The upstream ORF encodes proteins which interact with ATR and localize to intranuclear foci induced by DNA damage and are essential components of the DNA damage checkpoint. The downstream ORF encodes proteins with 3' to 5' exonuclease activity and may be a subunit of human DNA polymerase III. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found. Mutations in this gene result in Aicardi-Goutieres syndrome, chilblain lupus, and Cree encephalitis. TREX1 antibody will not cross-react with the related protein TREX2.
Additional Names : TREX1, Three prime repair exonuclease 1, ATR-interacting protein, ATRIP, AGS1, ATM and Rad3-related-interacting protein
Left: Western blot analysis of TREX1 in human spleen tissue lysate with TREX1 antibody at (A) 0.5 μg/ml and (B) 1 μg/ml.
BelowImmunohistochemistry of TREX1 in human spleen tissue with TREX1 antibody at 2.5 μg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source :TREX1 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid peptide near the center of human TREX1.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : TREX1 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : TREX1 antibody can be used for detection of TREX1 by Western blot at 1 – 2 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 4969P - TREX1 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : TREX1 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity : H, M, R
GI Number : 7705353
Accession Number : NP_057465
Short Description : Three prime repair exonuclease 1
1. Mazur DJ and Perrino FW. Identification and expression of the TREX1 and TREX2 cDNA sequences encoding mammalian 3′→5′ exonucleases. J. Biol. Chem. 1999; 274:19655–60.
2. Cortez D, Guntuku S, Qin J, et. al. ATR and ATRIP: partners in checkpoint signaling. Science 2001 294:1713-6
3. Stetson DB, Ko JS, Heidmann T, et al. Trex1 prevents cell-intrinsic initiation of autoimmunity. Cell 2008 134:587-98.
4. Mazur DJ and Perrino FW. Structure and expression of the TREX1 and TREX2 3'→5' exonuclease genes. J. Biol. Chem. 2001; 276:14718-27.