MyD88 Monoclonal Antibody
The pro-inflammatory cytokine IL-1 induced cellular response requires IL-1 receptor complex including IL-1RI and IL-1RAcP. MyD88 has been identified as an adapter molecule in the IL-1 signaling pathway. MyD88 associates with and recruits IRAK to the IL-1 receptor complex in response to IL-1 treatment and dominant negative form of MyD88 attenuates IL-1R-mediated NF-kB activation. MyD88 is also employed as a regulator molecule by IL-18 receptor and human Toll receptor, which are members in the Toll/IL-1R family of receptors. Targeted disruption of the MyD88 gene results in lose of cellular responses to IL-1 and IL-18, and MyD88-deficient mice lack responses to bacterial product LPS that employs Toll-like receptors 2 and 4 (TLR2 and TLR4) as the signaling receptors. MyD88 is a general adapter protein for the Toll/IL-1R family of receptors and plays an important role in the inflammatory response induced by cytokines IL-1 and IL-18 and endotoxin. MyD88 gene is expressed in many tissues.
Additional Names : MyD88 (2E9C2): Myeloid differentiation primary response gene 88
Left: Western blot analysis of MyD88 in EL4 whole cell lysate with MyD88 antibody at 2 µg/ml. Below: Immunohistochemistry of MyD88 in human heart with MyD88 antibody at 2.5 µg/ml.
Source :Mouse monoclonal MyD88 antibody was raised against a recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 176 to 280 of human MyD88.
Purification : Immunoaffinity chromotography purified IgG
Clonality and Clone : This is a monoclonal antibody. (Clone 2E9C2)
Host : MyD88 monoclonal antibody was raised in mouse.
Immunogen : Mouse monoclonal MyD88 antibody was raised against a recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 176 to 280 of human MyD88.
Application : MyD88 antibody can be used for detection of MyD88 by Western blot at 2 – 4 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :
Long-Term Storage : MyD88 monoclonal antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1287 - EL4 Cell Lysate
2. Cat. No. 95-104 - MyD88 Recombinant Protein
Species Reactivity : H, M
Short Description : Myeloid differentiation primary response gene 88
1. Muzio M, Ni J, Feng P, et al. IRAK (Pelle) family member IRAK-2 and MyD88 as proximal mediators of IL-1 signaling. Science 1997; 278:1612-5.
2. Adachi O, Kawai T, Takeda K, et al. Targeted disruption of the MyD88 gene results in loss of IL-1- and IL-18-mediated function. Immunity 1998; 9:143-50.
3. Medzhitov R, Preston-Hurlburt P, Kopp E, et al. MyD88 is an adaptor protein in the hToll/IL-1 receptor family signaling pathways. Mol. Cell 1998; 2:253-8.
4. Kawai T, Adachi O, Ogawa T, et al. Unresponsiveness of MyD88-deficient mice to endotoxin. Immunity 1999; 11:115-22.