ORAI3 Monoclonal Antibody
Antigen stimulation of immune cells triggers Ca++ entry t hrough Ca++ release-activated Ca++ (CRAC) channels. ORAI3 is one of two mammalian homologs to ORAI1, a recently identified four-transmembrane spanning protein that is an essential component of CRAC. All three homologs have been shown to function as Ca++ plasma membrane channels gated through interactions with STIM1, the store-activated endoplasmic reticulum Ca++ sensor. However, ORAI3 channels failed to produce detectable Ca++ selective currents in cells co-transfected with ORAI3 and STIM1, indicating that ORAI3 channels undergo a lesser degree of depotentiation than ORAI1 or ORAI2 (5). Na+ currents through ORAI1, 2 and 3 channels were equally inhibited by extracellular Ca++, indicating that each have similar affinities for Ca++ within the selectivity filter. This antibody is predicted to have no cross-reactivity to ORAI1 or ORAI2. Larger molecular weight bands are sometimes seen in SDS-PAGE; these may represent post-translationally modified ORAI 3.
Additional Names : ORAI3 (1B4F1), Transmembrane protein 142C, TMEM142C, Calcium release-activated calcium channel protein 3
Left: Western blot analysis of ORAI3 in rat lung tissue lysate with ORAI3 antibody at 2 µg/ml.
Source :Mouse monoclonal ORAI3 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human ORAI3.
Purification : Immunoaffinity chromotography purified IgG
Clonality and Clone : This is a monoclonal antibody. (Clone 1B4F1)
Host : ORAI3 monoclonal antibody was raised in mouse.
Please use anti-mouse secondary antibodies.
Immunogen : A 19 amino acid peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human ORAI3.
Application : ORAI3 antibody can be used for detection of ORAI3 by Western blot at 2 - 4 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat. No. 4215P ORAI3 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : ORAI3 monoclonal antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1462 - Rat Lung Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity : H, R
Short Description : Transmembrane protein 142C
1. Lewis RS. Calcium signaling mechanisms in T lymphocytes. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 2001; 19:497-521.
2. Feske S, Gwack Y, Prakriya M, et al. A mutation in Orai1 causes immune deficiency by abrogating CRAC channel function. Nature 2006; 441:179-85.
3. Soboloff J, Spassova MA, Dziadek MA, et al. Calcium signals mediated by STIM and Orai proteins – a new paradigm in inter-organelle communication. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 2006; 1763:1161-8.
4. Mercer JC, DeHaven WI, Smyth JT, et al. Large store-operated calcium selective currents due to co-expression of Orai1 or Orai2 with the intracellular calcium sensor, Stim1. J. Biol. Chem. 2006; 281:24979-90.