TNFAIP3, also known as A20, is located in chromosome band 6q23, a region that is often deleted in B cell lymphomas. Recently, it was identified as a tumor suppressor gene in Hodgkin lymphoma and several subtypes of non-Hodgkin lymphomas. TNFAIP3 was initially identified as a zinc-finger protein that is rapidly and transiently induced by TNF-a, inhibiting NF-kB-dependent gene expression, and protecting cells from TNF-a-cytotoxicity. Overexpression of TNFAIP3 also inhibits the TLR2- and TLR4-mediated interleukin-8 synthesis in airway epithelial cells, suggesting that TNFAIP3 also acts as a negative regulator of TLR-mediated inflammatory responses, thereby protecting the host against harmful over-responses to pathogens. At least two isoforms of TNFAIP3 are known to exist.
Additional Names : TNFAIP3 (IN),Tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced protein 3, A20, OTUD7C, TNFA1P2
Left:Western blot analysis of TNFAIP3 in rat lung tissue lysate with TNFAIP3 antibody at (A) 1 and (B) 2 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source :TNFAIP3 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the center of human TNFAIP3.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : TNFAIP3 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : TNFAIP3 antibody can be used for detection of TNFAIP3 by Western blot at 1 – 2 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 5145P - TNFAIP3 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : TNFAIP3 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1462 - Rat Lung Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity : H, M, R
GI Number : 2498097
Accession Number : Q60769
Short Description : (IN) Tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced protein 3
1. Zhang YP, Matthiesen S, Harder R, et al. A 3-cM commonly deleted region in 6q21 in leukemias and lymphomas delineated by fluorescence in situ hybridization. Genes Chromosomes Cancer 2000; 27:52-58.
2. Schmitz R, Hansmann M-L, Bohle V, et al. TNFAIP3 (A20) is a tumor suppressor gene in Hodgkin lymphoma and primary mediastinal B cell lymphoma. J. Exp. Med. 2009; 206:981-9.
3. Honma K, Tsuzuki S, Nakagawa M, et al. TNFAIP3/A20 functions as a novel tumor suppressor gene in several subtypes of non-Hodgkins lymphomas. Blood 2009; epub.
4. Opipari AW Jr, Hu MN, Yabkowitz R, et al. The A20 zinc finger protein protects cells from tumor necrosis factor cytotoxicity. J. Biol. Chem. 1992; 267:12424-7.