Antigen stimulation of immune cells triggers Ca++ entry through Ca++ release-activated Ca++ (CRAC) channels. ORAI3 is one of two mammalian homologs to ORAI1, a recently identified four-transmembrane spanning protein that is an essential component of CRAC. All three homologs have been shown to function as Ca++ plasma membrane channels gated through interactions with STIM1, the store-activated endoplasmic reticulum Ca++ sensor. However, ORAI3 channels failed to produce detectable Ca++ selective currents in cells co-transfected with ORAI3 and STIM1, indicating that ORAI3 channels undergo a lesser degree of depotentiation than ORAI1 or ORAI2. Na+ currents through ORAI1, 2 and 3 channels were equally inhibited by extracellular Ca++, indicating that each have similar affinities for Ca++ within the selectivity filter. This antibody is predicted to have no cross-reactivity to ORAI1 or ORAI2.
Additional Names : ORAI3 (CT), Transmembrane protein 142C, TMEM142C, Calcium release-activated ORAI3 (CT), Transmembrane protein 142C, TMEM142C, Calcium release-activated
Left:Western blot analysis of ORAI3 in A20 cell lysate with ORAI3 antibody at (A) 2 and (B) 4 µg/ml.
Below:Immunocytochemistry of ORAI3 in A20 cells with ORAI3 antibody at 5 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source :ORAI3 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human ORAI3.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : ORAI3 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : ORAI3 antibody can be used for detection of ORAI3 by Western blot at 2 – 4 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, ICC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 4215P - ORAI3 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : ORAI3 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
Species Reactivity : H, M
GI Number : 74732916
Accession Number : Q9BRQ5
Short Description : (CT) a T cell calcium channel
1. Lewis RS. Calcium signaling mechanisms in T lymphocytes. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 2001; 19:497-521.
2. Feske S, Gwack Y, Prakriya M, et al. A mutation in Orai1 causes immune deficiency by abrogating CRAC channel function. Nature 2006; 441:179-85.
3. Soboloff J, Spassova MA, Dziadek MA, et al. Calcium signals mediated by STIM and Orai proteins – a new paradigm in inter-organelle communication. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 2006; 1763:1161-8.
4. Mercer JC, DeHaven WI, Smyth JT, et al. Large store-operated calcium selective currents due to co-expression of Orai1 or Orai2 with the intracellular calcium sensor, Stim1. J. Biol. Chem. 2006; 281:24979-90.