IL-33 Monoclonal Antibody
Interleukin-33 (IL-33) is a recently identified member of the IL-1 family of cytokines whose other members include IL-1alphabeta, IL-1Ra and IL-18. Its receptor has been shown to be ST2, an IL-1 receptor family member that also acts as a negative regulator of TLR-IL-1R signaling and IL-1R accessory protein (IL-1RAcP). Receptor binding of IL-33 activates NF-kappaB and MAP kinases and induces the expression of TH2-associated cytokines such as IL-4, IL-5 and IL-6. Prolonged IL-33 treatment of mice led to the development of eosinophilia, splenomegaly, and severe pathological changes in mucosal organs such as lungs, esophagus and small intestine. Recent experiments have shown that IL-33 can also co-localize with heterochromatin and possesses transcriptional repressor activities, indicating that IL-33 may function as both a proinflammatory cytokine and an intracellular nuclear factor with transcriptional regulatory properties. Despite its predicted molecular weight, IL-33 will often run at higher molecular weight in SDS-PAGE.
Additional Names : IL-33 (12B3C4), Interleukin-33, Nuclear factor from high endothelial venules, NFHEV
Left:Western blot analysis of IL-33 using 125ng of recombinant IL-33 with IL-33 antibody at 1 µg/ml.
Source :Mouse monoclonal IL-33 antibody was raised against the recombinant IL-33 protein.
Purification : Immunoaffinity chromotography purified IgG
Clonality and Clone : This is a monoclonal antibody. (Clone 12B3C4)
Host : IL-33 monoclonal antibody was raised in mouse.
Please use anti-mouse secondary antibodies.
Immunogen : Mouse monoclonal IL-33 antibody was raised against the recombinant IL-33 protein.
Application : IL-33 antibody can be used for the detection of IL-33 by Western blot at 1 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :
Long-Term Storage : IL-33 monoclonal antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 95-111 - IL-33 Recombinant Protein
Species Reactivity : H, M
Short Description : Interleukin-33
1. Schmitz J, Owyang A, Oldham E, et al. IL-33, and interleukin-1-like cytokine that signals via the IL-1 receptor-related protein ST2 and induces T helper type 2-associated cytokines. Immunity 2005; 23:479-90.
2. Dinarello CA. Interleukin-18, a proinflammatory cytokine. Eur. Cytokine Netw. 2000; 11:483-6.
3. Brint EK, Xu D, Liu H, et al. ST2 is an inhibitor of interleukin 1 receptor and Toll-like receptor 4 signaling and maintains endotoxin tolerance. Nat. Immunol. 2004; 5:373-9.
4. Chackerian AA, Oldham ER, Murphy EE, et al. IL-1 receptor accessory protein and ST2 comprise the IL-33 receptor complex. J. Immunol. 2007; 179:2551-5.