Similar to its C. elegans homolog UNC-76, mammalian FEZ1, an abundant membrane protein and protein kinase C (PKC)-Z substrate, is involved in axonal guidance. Following phosphorylation by PKC-Z, FEZ1 translocates from the plasma membrane to the cytoplasm. FEZ1 is then able to interact with a number of proteins involved in axonal outgrowth and cellular transport such as DISC1, a candidate gene for schizophrenia, as well as kinesin-1, a microtubule-based motor protein. FEZ1 also interacts with proteins involved in transcriptional regulation and chromatin remodeling, suggesting that FEZ1 may have nuclear regulatory functions in addition to those for neuronal development. At least two distinct isoforms of FEZ1 are known to exist. Despite its predicted molecular weight, FEZ1 will often run at higher molecular weight in SDS-PAGE.
Additional Names : FEZ1, Fasciculation and elongation protein zeta 1, zygin 1
Left: Western blot analysis of FEZ1 in SK-N-SH cell lysate with FEZ1 antibody at 1 µg/ml in the (A) presence and (B) absence of blocking peptide.
Source :FEZ1 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human FEZ1.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : FEZ1 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : FEZ1 antibody can be used for the detection of FEZ1 by Western blot at 1 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 4265P - FEZ1 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : FEZ1 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1220 - SK-N-SH Cell Lysate
Species Reactivity : H, M, R
GI Number : 13431526
Accession Number : Q99689
Short Description : protein involved in axonal guidance
1. Kuroda S, Nakagawa N, Tokunaga C, et al. Mammalian homologue of the Caenorhabditis elegans UNC-76 protein involved in axonal outgrowth is a protein kinase C z-interacting protein. J. Cell Biol. 1999; 144:403-11.
2. Bloom L and Horvitz HR. The Caenorhabditis elegans gene unc-76 and its human homologs define a new gene family involved in axonal outgrowth and fasciculation. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 1997; 88:9578-82.
3. Miyohi K, Honda A, Baba K, et al. Disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1, a candidate gene for schizophrenia, participates in neurite outgrowth. Mol. Psychiatry 2003; 8:685-94.
4. Blasius TL, Cai D, Jih GT, et al. Two binding partners cooperate to activate the molecular motor kinesin-1. J. Cell Biol. 2007; 176:11-7.