SAP90/PSD-95-associated protein 1 (SAPAP1, also known as DLGAP1 or GKAP) is a member of a protein family whose members specifically interact with PSD-95/SAP90, a membrane-associated guanylate kinase localized at postsynaptic density (PSD) in neuronal cells. Like the other SAPAP proteins, SAPAP1 is thought to be an adaptor protein that also interacts with different synaptic scaffolding proteins, cytoskeletal and signaling components, such as focal adhesion kinase (FAK) and proline-rich tyrosine kinase 2 (PYK2). SAPAP1 mRNA is targeted to cell bodies in a similar manner to SAPAP2 and -4, whereas SAPAP3 mRNA is detected mainly in cell bodies. SAPAP1 protein however, is targeted to the synapse and is not reliant on the synaptic localization of PSD-95 or the synaptic scaffolding molecule (S-SCAM). At least three isoforms of SAPAP1 are known to exist. This SAPAP1 antibody will not cross-react with other SAPAP proteins.
Additional Names : SAPAP1, SAP90/PSD-95-associated protein 1, Disks large-associated protein 1, DLGAP1, DAP-1, GKAP
Left: Western blot analysis of SAPAP1 in rat brain tissue lysate with SAPAP1 antibody at (A) 0.5 and (B) 1 µg/ml.
Below:Immunohistochemistry of SAPAP1 in human brain with SAPAP1 antibody at 5 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source :SAPAP1 antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid peptide from near the center of human SAPAP1.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : SAPAP1 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies
Application : SAPAP1 antibody can be used for detection of SAPAP1 by Western blot at 0.5 – 1 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 4623P - SAPAP1 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : SAPAP1 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity : H, M, R
GI Number : 4758822
Accession Number : NP_004737
Short Description : SAP90/PSD-95-associated protein 1
1. SAPAPs. A family of PSD-95/SAP90-associated proteins localized at postsynaptic density. J. Biol. Chem. 1997; 272:11943-51.
2. Kindler S, Rehbein M, Classen B, et al. Distinct spatiotemporal expression of SAPAP transcripts in the developing rat brain: a novel dendritically localized mRNA. Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 2004; 126:14-21.
3. Bongiorno-Borbone L, Kadare G, Benfenati F, et al. FAK and PYK2 interact with SAP/PSD-95-associated protein-3. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2005; 337:641-6.
4. Welch JM, Wang D, and Feng G. Differential mRNA expression and protein localization of the SAP90/PSD-95-associated proteins (SAPAPs) in the nervous system of the mouse. J. Comp. Neurol. 2004; 472:24-39.