SAP90/PSD-95-associated protein 3 (SAPAP3, also known as DLGAP3) is a member of a protein family whose members specifically interact with PSD-95/SAP90, a membrane-associated guanylate kinase localized at postsynaptic density (PSD) in neuronal cells. Like the other SAPAP proteins, SAPAP3 is thought to be an adaptor protein that also interacts with different synaptic scaffolding proteins, cytoskeletal and signaling components, such as focal adhesion kinase (FAK) and proline-rich tyrosine kinase 2 (PYK2). Both SAPAP3 protein and mRNA are targeted to dendrites, whereas SAPAP1, -2, and -4 mRNAs are detected mainly in cell bodies. Recent experiments have suggested that SAPAP3 may be involved in obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), as mice lacking SAPAP3 exhibited OCD-like symptoms which could be relieved by lentiviral-mediated selective expression of SAPAP3 in the striatum of SAPAP3-mutant mice. At least two isoforms are known to exist.
Additional Names : SAPAP3, SAP90/PSD-95-associated protein 3, Disks large-associated protein 3, DLGAP3
Left:Western blot analysis of SAPAP3 in rat brain tissue lysate with SAPAP3 antibody at (A) 1 (B) 2 µg/ml.
Below:Immunohistochemical staining of human brain tissue using SAPAP3 antibody at 2.5 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source :SAPAP3 antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human SAPAP3.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : SAPAP3 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : SAPAP3 antibody can be used for detection of SAPAP3 by Western blot at 1 – 2 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 4411P - SAPAP3 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : SAPAP3 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity : H, M, R
GI Number : 71153509
Accession Number : O95886
Short Description : SAP90/PSD-95-associated protein 3
1. SAPAPs. A family of PSD-95/SAP90-associated proteins localized at postsynaptic density. J. Biol. Chem. 1997; 272:11943-51.
2. Kindler S, Rehbein M, Classen B, et al. Distinct spatiotemporal expression of SAPAP transcripts in the developing rat brain: a novel dendritically localized mRNA. Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 2004; 126:14-21.
3. Bongiorno-Borbone L, Kadare G, Benfenati F, et al. FAK and PYK2 interact with SAP/PSD-95-associated protein-3. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2005; 337:641-6.
4. Welch JM, Wang D, and Feng G. Differential mRNA expression and protein localization of the SAP90/PSD-95-associated proteins (SAPAPs) in the nervous system of the mouse. J. Comp. Neurol. 2004; 472:24-39.