SAP90/PSD-95-associated protein 4 (SAPAP4, also known as DLGAP4) is a member of a protein family whose members specifically interact with PSD-95/SAP90, a membrane-associated guanylate kinase localized at postsynaptic density (PSD) in neuronal cells. Like the other SAPAP proteins, SAPAP4 is thought to be an adaptor protein that also interacts with different synaptic scaffolding proteins, cytoskeletal and signaling components, such as focal adhesion kinase (FAK) and proline-rich tyrosine kinase 2 (PYK2). SAPAP4 mRNA is targeted to cell bodies in a similar manner to SAPAP1 and -2, whereas SAPAP3 mRNA is detected mainly in cell bodies. At least three isoforms of SAPAP2 are known to exist. This SAPAP4 antibody will not cross-react with other SAPAP proteins.
Additional Names : SAPAP4, SAP90/PSD-95-associated protein 4, Disks large-associated protein 4, DLGAP4, DAP4
Left: Western blot analysis of SAPAP4 in SK-N-SH cell lysate with SAPAP4 antibody at 1 µg/ml.
Source :SAPAP4 antibody was raised against a 13 amino acid peptide from near the center of human SAPAP4.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : SAPAP4 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : SAPAP4 antibody can be used for detection of SAPAP4 by Western blot at 0.5 – 1 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 4633P - SAPAP4 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : SAPAP4 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1220 - SK-N-SH Cell Lysate
Species Reactivity : H
GI Number : 34335253
Accession Number : NP_055717
Short Description : SAP90/PSD-95-associated protein 4
1. SAPAPs. A family of PSD-95/SAP90-associated proteins localized at postsynaptic density. J. Biol. Chem. 1997; 272:11943-51.
2. Ranta S, Zhang Y, Ross B, et al. Positional cloning and characterization of the human DLGAP2 gene and its exclusion in progressive epilepsy with mental retardation. Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 2000; 8:381-4.
3. Kindler S, Rehbein M, Classen B, et al. Distinct spatiotemporal expression of SAPAP transcripts in the developing rat brain: a novel dendritically localized mRNA. Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res. 2004; 126:14-21.
4. Bongiorno-Borbone L, Kadare G, Benfenati F, et al. FAK and PYK2 interact with SAP/PSD-95-associated protein-3. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2005; 337:641-6.