Neuronal PAS domain protein 3 (NPAS3) is a brain-enriched basic helix-loop-helix PAS domain transcription factor and is broadly expressed in the developing neuroepithelium and has recently found to be disrupted by genetic translocation in a family affected with schizophrenia. It was recently shown to be involved in the regulation of FGF signaling in the dentate gyrus by controlling the expression of the FGF receptor subtype 1 and in turn neurogenesis emanating from this region. NPAS3-null mice were growth-retarded and displayed brain defects that included reduced size of the anterior hippocampus, hypoplasia of the corpus callosum, and enlargement of the ventricles, as well as several behavioral abnormalities. Furthermore, these NPAS3-null mice also exhibited disruptions in several neurosignaling pathways involving glutamate, dopamine, and serotonin. These results demonstrate the essential role played by NPAS3 during structural and functional brain development. At least three isoforms of NPAS3 are known to exist.
Additional Names : NPAS3 (IN), Neuronal PAS domain-containing protein 3, member of Pas protein 6, MOP6
Left: Western blot analysis of NPAS3 in rat brain tissue lysate with NPAS3 antibody at (A) 0.5, (B) 1 and (C) 2 µg/ml.
Below:Immunohistochemistry of NPAS3 in human brain tissue with NPAS3 antibody at 5 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source :NPAS3 antibody was raised against a 28 amino acid peptide from near the center of human NPAS3.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : NPAS3 antibody was raised in rabbit.
Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : NPAS3 antibody can be used for detection of NPAS3 by Western blot at 1 – 2 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide :Cat.No. 4109P - NPAS3 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : NPAS3 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
Positive Control :
1. Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
2. Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity : H, M, R
GI Number : 38604888
Accession Number : Q8IXF0
Short Description : (IN) Neuronal PAS domain-containing protein 3
1. Brunskill EW, Witte DP, Shreiner AB et al. Characterization of npas3, a novel basic helix-loop-helix PAS gene expressed in the developing mouse nervous system. Mech. Dev. 1999; 88:237-41.
2. Kamnasaran D, Muir WJ, Ferguson-Smith MA, et al. Disruption of the neuronal PAS3 gene in a family affected with schizophrenia. J. Med. Genet. 40:325-32.
3. Brunskill EW, Ehrman LA, Williams MT, et al. Abnormal neurodevelopment, neurosignaling and behaviour in Npas3-deficient mice. Euro. J. Neurosci. 2005; 22:1265-76.