Catalog# : 2221
Members in the TNF superfamily regulate immune responses and induce apoptosis. A novel member in the TNF family was recently identified by several groups and designated BAFF (for B cell Activating Factor belonging to the TNF Family), BLyS (for B Lymphocyte Stimulator), TALL-1 (for TNF- and ApoL-related Leukocyte-expressed Ligand), and THANK (for TNF Homologue that Activate Apoptosis, NF-kappaB and c-jun N-terminal Kinase) (1-4). BAFF/BLyS was characterized as a B cell activator since it induced B cell proliferation and immunoglobulin secretion (1,2). Three receptors for BAFF were recently identified and designated TACI, BCMA and BAFF-R (5,6). BAFF and its receptors are essential for B cell development, survival, and humoral immune responses. BAFF is involved in the development of autoimmune diseases including systemic lupus erythaematosus and rheumatoid arthritis (5).
Additional Names : BAFF (CT), BLyS, Thank, Tall
Left: Western blot analysis of BAFF in human HL60 cell lysate (H) and mouse spleen tissue lysate (M) with BAFF antibody at 1 µg/ml.
Below: Immunocytochemistry of BAFF in HL60 cells with BAFF antibody at 1 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source : BAFF antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to amino acids near the carboxy terminus of human BAFF.
Purification : Ion exchange chromatography purified
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : BAFF antibody was raised in rabbit. Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Immunogen : Murine BAFF (C-Terminus) Peptide (Cat. No. 2221P)
Application : BAFF antibody can be used for detection of BAFF by Western blot at 0.25 to 1 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, ICC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide : Cat. No. 2221P - BAFF Peptide
Long-Term Storage : BAFF antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
1. Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
2. Cat. No. 1406 - Mouse Spleen Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity :H, M, R
GI Number : 5730097
Accession Number : NP_006564
Short Description : (CT) B cell Activating Factor in TNF Family
1. Moore PA , Belvedere O, Orr A, et al. BLyS: member of the tumor necrosis factor family and B lymphocyte stimulator. Science 1999;285:260-3
2. Schneider P, MacKay F, Steiner V, et al. BAFF, a novel ligand of the tumor necrosis factor family, stimulates B cell growth. J Exp Med 1999;189:1747-56
3. Shu HB, Hu WH, Johnson H. TALL-1 is a novel member of the TNF family that is down-regulated by mitogens. J Leukoc Biol 1999;65:680-3
4. Mukhopadhyay A, Ni J, Zhai Y, Yu GL, Aggarwal BB. Identification and characterization of a novel cytokine, THANK, a TNF homologue that activates apoptosis, nuclear factor-kappaB, and c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase. J Biol Chem 1999 ;274:15978-81