Catalog# : 3207
XAF-1 binds to XIAP, an inhibitor of caspases-3, -7, and -9, and triggers its relocation from the cytosol to the nucleus (1,2). Overexpression of XAF-1 results in the neutralization of XIAP's ability to inhibit cell death (1). XAF-1 is normally expressed in all adult and fetal tissues but was found to be present in very low levels in a variety of cancer cell lines (3). In contrast, XIAP levels have been shown to be high in a majority of cell lines. Low XAF-1 and high basal expression of XIAP may therefore play a critical role in maintaining survival of cancer cell lines (2,3). Both IFN-alpha2 and IFN-beta can induce XAF-1 mRNA in all cells examined but induction of XAF-1 protein (as observed by immunoblot analysis) was seen only in cell lines sensitive to the apoptotic effects of IFNs (4).
Additional Names : XAF-1
Left: Western blot analysis of XAF-1 in human spleen lysate with XAF-1 antibody at 0.5 (lane A), 1 (lane B), and 2 (lane C) µg/ml, respectively.
Below: Immunohistochemical staining of human spleen tissue using XAF-1 antibody at 2 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source : XAF-1 antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids at the C-terminus of human XAF-1.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : XAF-1 antibody was raised in rabbit. Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Immunogen : Human XAF-1 (C-Terminus) Peptide (Cat. No. 3207P)
Application : XAF-1 antibody can be used for the detection of XAF-1 by Western blot at 0.5 to 2 µg/ml.A 32 kDa band can be detected.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide : Cat. No. 3207P - XAF-1 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : XAF-1 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
1. Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity :H, M
GI Number : 1869901
Accession Number : CAA68030
Short Description : Inhibitor of XIAP
1. Liston P, Fong W, Kelly NL, et al. Identification of XAF1 as an antagonist of XIAP anticaspase activity. Nature Cell Biol. 2001;3:128-33.
2. Deveraux QL, Takahashi R, Savesan GS, and Reed JC. X-linked IAP is a direct inhibitor of cell-death proteases. Nature 1997;388:300-4.
3. Fong WG, Liston P, Rajcan-Separovic E, et al. Expression and genetic analysis of XIAP-associated factor 1 (XAF1) in cancer cell lines. Genomics 2000;70:113-122.
4. Leaman DW, Chawla-Sarkar M, Vyas K, et al. Identification of X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis associated factor-1 as an interferon-stimulated gene that augments TRAIL/Apo2L-induced apoptosis. J. Biol. Chem. 2002;277:28504-11.