Catalog# : 2395
Members in the TNF superfamily regulate immune responses and induce apoptosis. Two novel members in the TNF family were recently identified and designated BAFF/BLyS/TALL-1/THANK/zTNF4 (1-4) and April/TALL-2, respectively, (3,5). BAFF was characterized as a B cell activator since it induced B cell proliferation and immunoglobulin secretion (1,2). April regulates immunological and non-immunological cell growth. Three receptors, BCMA, TACI, and BAFF-R, for BAFF and April were recently identified (6,7). TACI, like BCMA, binds BAFF and April. TACI and its ligands regulate humoral immune responses, activate NF-kappaB and c-jun N-terminal kinase, and are involved in B cell associated autoimmune diseases.
Additional Names : TACI
Left: Western blot analysis of TACI in K562 (A) and U937 (B) cell lysates with TACI antibody at 5 µg/ml.
Below: Immunocytochemistry of TACI in K562 cells with TACI antibody at 2 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source : TACI antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide mapping at the amino terminus of human TACI .
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : TACI antibody was raised in rabbit. Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Immunogen : Human TACI Peptide (Cat. No. 2395P)
Application : TACI polyclonal antibody can be used for detection of TACI by Western blot at 2 to 5 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, ICC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide : Cat. No. 2395P - TACI Peptide
Long-Term Storage : TACI antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
1. Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
2. Cat. No. 1215 - U937 Whole Cell Lysate
Species Reactivity :H
GI Number : 6912694
Accession Number : NP_036584
Short Description : Receptor for BAFF and APRIL
1. Moore PA, Belvedere O, Orr A, et al. BLyS: member of the tumor necrosis factor family and B lymphocyte stimulator. Science 1999;285:260-3
2. Schneider P, MacKay F, Steiner V, et al. BAFF, a novel ligand of the tumor necrosis factor family, stimulates B cell growth. J Exp Med 1999;189:1747-56
3. Shu HB, Hu WH, Johnson H. TALL-1 is a novel member of the TNF family that is down-regulated by mitogens. J Leukoc Biol 1999;65:680-3
4. Mukhopadhyay A, Ni J, Zhai Y, Yu GL, Aggarwal BB. Identification and characterization of a novel cytokine, THANK, a TNF homologue that activates apoptosis, nuclear factor-kappaB, and c-Jun NH2-terminal kinase. J Biol Chem 1999 ;274:15978-81