Catalog# : 5227
THEM4, also known as CTMP, binds specifically to the carboxy-terminal regulatory domain of PKB/Akt at the plasma membrane and acts as a negative regulator, reversing the phenotype of v-Akt-transformed cells. Hypermethylation of the THEM4 promoter and transcriptional downregulation of the gene has been reported in multiple glioblastomas, suggesting that epigenetic regulation of THEM4 may play a role in the progression of this cancer. Bioinformatic analysis, confirmed by in vitro testing, indicates that THEM4 is a broad-range, high activity acyl-CoA thioesterase. Recent reports have also indicated that TMEM4 is a mitochondrial protein whose overexpression is associated with an increase in mitochondrial membrane depolarization and caspase-3 and PARP cleavage, suggesting that THEM4 is involved in the apoptotic program. The additional higher molecular weight bands seen in the immunoblot may represent post-translationally modified TMEM4.
Additional Names : THEM4, Thioesterase superfamily member 4, Carboxy-terminal modulator protein, CTMP
Left: Western blot analysis of THEM4 in human liver tissue lysate with THEM4 antibody at (A) 1 and (B) 2 µg/ml.
Below: Immunohistochemistry of THEM4 in human liver tissue with THEM4 antibody at 2.5 μg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source : THEM4 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide near the center of human THEM4.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : THEM4 antibody was raised in rabbit. Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : THEM4 antibody can be used for detection of THEM4 by Western blot at 1 - 2 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide : Cat.No. 5227P - THEM4 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : THEM4 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
1. Cat. No. 1304 - Human Liver Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity :H, M, R
GI Number : 76159293
Accession Number : NP_444283
Short Description : Thioesterase superfamily member 4
1. Maira SM, Galetic I, Brazil DP, et al. Carboxyl-terminal modulator protein (CTMP), a negative regulator of PKB/Akt and v-Akt at the plasma membrane. Science 2001; 294:374-80.
2. Knobbe CB, Reifberger J, Blaschke B, et al. Hypermethylation and transcriptional downregulation of the carboxyl-terminal modulator protein gene in glioblastomas. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2004; 96:483-6.
3. Zhao H, Martin BM, Bisoffi M, et al. The Akt C-terminal modulator protein is an acyl-CoA thioesterase of the hotdog-fold family. Biochemistry 2009; 48:5507-9.
4. Parcellier A, Tintignac LA, Zhuravleva E, et al. Carboxy-terminal modulator protein (CTMP) is a mitochondrial protein that sensitizes cells to apoptosis. Cell Signal. 2009; 21:639-50.