Catalog# : 5153
The ErbB family consists of four closely related tyrosine kinase receptors that act as potent mediators of normal cell growth and development. Aberrant expression or function of one or more of these receptors can play a major role in the development and evolution of cancer. ErbB-2, also known as HER2, has been implicated in the evolution of both breast and gastric cancers, and is evident in other cancer types such as ovarian and salivary gland tumors. ErbB-2 possesses an active tyrosine kinase domain, but no direct ligand has been identified yet. ErbB-2 is the preferred binding partner to the other members of the ErbB family and is thought to act primarily through the Ras-MAPK, PI3k-PKB/Akt, and PLC-PKC signaling pathways. Numerous anti-cancer strategies have been employed against erbB-2, such as antibody-based therapies to prevent ligand binding or receptor activation through dimerization, antibody-dependent cell mediated cytotoxicity, in addition to direct kinase inhibition to prevent molecular activation/downstream signaling.
Additional Names : erbB-2, v-erb-b2 erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2, NEU, NGL, HER2, HER-2, TKR1, CD340
Left: Western blot analysis of erbB-2 in rat liver tissue lysate with erbB-2 antibody at (A) 1 and (B) 2 µg/ml.
Below: Immunohistochemistry of erbB-2 in human liver tissue with erbB-2 antibody at 2.5 μg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source : erbB-2 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human erbB-2.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : erbB-2 antibody was raised in chicken. Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Application : erbB-2 antibody can be used for detection of erbB-2 by Western blot at 1 – 2 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide : Cat.No. 5153P - erbB-2 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : erbB-2 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
1. Cat. No. 1464 - Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity :H, M, R
GI Number : 54792096
Accession Number : NP_004439
Short Description : v-erb-b2 erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogene homolog 2
1. Baselga J and Swain SM. Novel anticancer targets: revisiting ERBB2 and discovering ERBB3. Nature Rev. 2009; 9:463-475.
2. Slamon DJ, Clark GM, Wong SG, et al. Human breast cancer: correlation of relapse and survival with amplification of the HER-2/neu oncogene. Science 1987; 235:177-82.
3. Vermeij J, Teugels E, Bourgain C, et al. Genomic activation of the EGFR and HER2-neu genes in a significant proportion of invasive epithelial ovarian cancers. BMC Cancer 2008; 8:3.
4. Marmor MD, Skaria KB, and Yarden Y. Signal transduction and oncogenesis by ErbB/HER receptors. Int. J. Rad. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 2004; 58:903-13.