Catalog# : 2201
CX3CR1 is one of the chemokine receptors that are required as coreceptors for HIV infection. The genes encoding human, mouse, and rat CX3CR1 were cloned and designated V28 and CMKBRL1, CX3CR1, and RBS11, respectively, (1-4). The encoded seven transmembrane protein was recently identified as the receptor for a novel transmembrane molecule, fractalkine, and renamed CX3CR1 (5). Recently, CX3CR1 was found to serve as a coreceptor for HIV-1 and HIV-2 envelope fusion and virus infection, which can be inhibited by fractokine (6). CX3CR1 mediates leukocyte migration and adhesion (5). CX3CR1 is expressed in a variety of human tissues and cell lines (2).
Additional Names : CX3CR1 (EL), V28
Left: Western blot analysis of CX3CR1 in THP-1 cell lysate in the absence (lane A) or presence (lane B) of blocking peptide with CX3CR1 antibody at 1:500 dilution.
Below: Immunohistochemistry of CX3CR1 in human spleen cells with CX3CR1 antibody at 10 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source : CX3CR1 antibody was raised against a peptide corresponding to amino acids in a extracellular loop of human CX3CR1. The sequence is identical to that of rat CX3CR1 and differs from that of mouse CX3CR1 by one amino acid (3,4).
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : CX3CR1 antibody was raised in rabbit. Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Immunogen : Human CX3CR1 (Extracellular Loop) Peptide (Cat. No. 2201P)
Application : CX3CR1 antibody can be used for detection of CX3CR1 by Western blot at 1:500 dilution. THP-1 cell lysate can be used as positive control and an approximately 50 kDa band can be detected.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide : Cat. No. 2201P - CX3CR1 Peptide
Long-Term Storage : CX3CR1 antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
1. Cat. No. 1208 - THP-1 Cell Lysate
2. Cat. No. 1212 - 3T3 Whole Cell Lysate
Species Reactivity :H
GI Number : 1351394
Accession Number : P49238
Short Description : (EL) HIV & chemokine receptor
1. Raport CJ, Schweickart VL, Eddy RL JR, Shows TB, Gray PW. The orphan G-protein-coupled receptor-encoding gene V28 is closely related to genes for chemokine receptors and is expressed in lymphoid and neural tissues. Gene 1995;163:295-9
2. Combadiere C, Ahuja SK , Murphy PM. Cloning, chromosomal localization, and RNA expression of a human beta chemokine receptor-like gene. DNA Cell Biol 1995;14:673-80
3. Combadiere C, Gao J, Tiffany HL, Murphy PM. Gene cloning, RNA distribution, and functional expression of mCX3CR1, a mouse chemotactic receptor for the CX3C chemokine fractalkine. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 1998;253:728-32
4. Harrison JK, Barber CM, Lynch KR. cDNA cloning of a G-protein-coupled receptor expressed in rat spinal cord and brain related to chemokine receptors. Neurosci Lett 1994;169:85-9