Catalog# : 3791
TNF-related weak inducer of apoptosis (TWEAK) is a member of the tumor necrosis factor superfamily (TNFSF) of structurally related cytokines. Like most other members of this family, TWEAK is a cell surface-associated type II transmembrane protein although a smaller, biologically active form can also be generated by cleavage near the cell membrane (1,2). TWEAK has multiple biological activities, including stimulation of cell growth and angiogenesis (3), induction of inflammatory cytokines (4), in addition to stimulation of apoptosis (5). The TWEAK signal transduction pathway has not been well established but it appears to signal via TweakR/Fn14 in a manner similar to that described for other TNFSF members that bind receptors lacking death domains (1). Despite its predicted molecular weight of 27kDa, TWEAK may migrate at aberrant positions in SDS-PAGE.
Additional Names : TWEAK, TNF-related weak inducerof apoptosis, TNF ligand superfamily member 12
Left: Western blot analysis of (A) 5 ng, (B) 25 ng and (C) 50 ng of recombinant TWEAK with TWEAK antibody at 1 µg/ml.
Below: Immunohistochemistry of TWEAK in human brain tissue with TWEAK antibody at 10 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source : TWEAK antibody was raised against recombinant human TWEAK.
Purification : Purified IgG
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : TWEAK antibody was raised in rabbit. Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Immunogen : Recombinant human TWEAK (Genbank accession No. NP_003800)
Application : TWEAK antibody can be used for the detection of TWEAK by Western blot at 0.5 – 1 µg/ml.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide : Cat.No. 3791P - TWEAK Peptide
Long-Term Storage : TWEAK antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
1. Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity :H, M, R
GI Number : 4507597
Accession Number : NP_003800
Short Description : A TNF-a related protein
1. TWEAK antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. Wiley SR and Winkles JA. TWEAK, a member of the TNFsuperfamily, is a multifunctional cytokine that binds theTweakR/Fn14 receptor. Cyto. And Growth Factor Rev. 2003;14:241-9.
2. Chicheportiche Y, Bourdon PR, Xu H, et al. TWEAK, a new secreted ligand in the tumor necrosis factor family that weakly induces apoptosis. J. Biol. Chem. 1997; 272:32401-10.
3. Lynch CN, Wang YC, Lund JK, et al. TWEAK induces angiogenesis and proliferation of endothelial cells. J. Biol. Chem. 1999; 274:8455-9.
4. Chicheportiche Y, Chicheportiche R, Sizing I, et al. Proinflammatory activity of TWEAK on human dermal fibroblasts and synoviocytes: blocking and enhancing effects of anti-TWEAK monoclonal antibodies. Arthr. Res. 2002; 4:126-33. 5. Kaplan MJ, Lewis EE, Shelden EA, et al. The apoptotic ligands TRAIL, TWEAK, and Fas ligand mediate monocyte death induced by autologous lupus T cells. J. Immunol. 2002; 169:6020-9.