Catalog# : 3331
Apoptosis, or programmed cell death, is related to many diseases, such as cancer. Apoptosis is triggered by a variety of stimuli including members in the TNF family and can be prevented by the inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP) proteins. IAP proteins form a conserved gene family that binds to and inhibits cell death proteases (1 for review). The X-chromosome linked inhibitor of apoptosis (XIAP) contains 3 baculoviral IAP repeat (BIR) motifs that are essential and sufficient for the binding and inhibition of caspases–3, –7, and –9 (2,3). Upregulation of XIAP expression can protect cells from apoptosis induced by low level radiation; conversely, decreased XIAP expression by antisense targeting resulted in increased cell death following low level radiation (4). Two negative regulators, termed XAF-1 (5) and Smac (6), can bind and inhibit XIAP activity.
Additional Names : XIAP (CT), XIAP
Left: Western blot analysis of XIAP in human kidney lysate with XIAP antibody at 0.5 (lane A), 1 (lane B), and 2 (lane C) µg/ml, respectively.
Below: Immunohistochemical staining of human kidney tissue using XIAP antibody at 2 µg/ml.
Other Product Images
Source : XIAP antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to 13 amino acids at the C-terminus of human XIAP.
Purification : Affinity chromatography purified via peptide column
Clonality and Clone : This is a polyclonal antibody.
Host : XIAP antibody was raised in rabbit. Please use anti-rabbit secondary antibodies.
Immunogen : Human XIAP (C-Terminus) Peptide (Cat. No. 3331P)
Application : XIAP antibody can be used for the detection of XIAP by Western blot at 0.5 to 2 µg/ml.Human kidney cell lysate can be used as positive control. Anti-XIAP is human and mouse reactive.
Tested Application(s) : E, WB, IHC
Buffer : Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
Blocking Peptide : Cat. No. 3331P - XIAP Peptide
Long-Term Storage : XIAP antibody can be stored at 4ºC, stable for one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
1. Cat. No. 1324 - Human Kidney Tissue Lysate
Species Reactivity :H, M
GI Number : 32528299
Accession Number : NP_001158
Short Description : (CT) X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein
1. Schimmer AD. Inhibitor of apoptosis proteins: translating basic knowledge into clinical practice. Cancer Res. 2004; 64:7183-90.
2. Deveraux QL, Takahashi R, Savesan GS, et al. X-linked IAP is a direct inhibitor of cell-death proteases. Nature 1997; 388:300-4.
3. Deveraux QL, Leo E, Stennicke HR, et al. Cleavage of human inhibitor of apoptosis protein XIAP results in fragments with distinct specificities for caspases. EMBO J. 1999; 18:5242-51.
4. Holcik M, Yeh C, Korneluk RG, et al. Translational upregulation of X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis (XIAP) increases resistance to radiation induced cell death. Oncogene 2000; 19:4174-7.